FREE Tax Preparation through April 15 - Find a location near you!
IRS certified and trained volunteers work to maximize eligible credits and overall refunds, see if you qualify for EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) the ONLY tax break for working families. If you have not claimed it before, you can claim it retroactively up to 3 years.
For the past 12 years, Hispanic Unity along with its partners, have run the largest FREE Tax Preparation program of its kind in the Southeast region of the U.S. - according to the IRS! Find out about the program, our partners and funders.
Let one of our highly trained volunteers prepare your taxes for FREE. Each return is reviewed by a Quality Reviewer, the On-Site VITA Coordinator and the IRS prior to being submitted.
In 2013 we assisted 4,701 families and generated $5.2 million in tax refunds for them.
Getting Your Tax Return Completed – What You Need:
There are 18 sites including the Mobile Resource Center (a traveling 34 ft. RV, where tax payers can come aboard and have their taxes prepared). In order to have a quality experience and have your taxes completed at time of visit, it is important to bring the necessary documentation.
Documents to bring to your Tax Preparation Appointmwent
- Original Social Security Cards for you and any dependents
- A government issued Photo ID
- Tax information such as W-2 and/ or 1099, 1098-Mortgage, 1098-T or any tax documentation related to your specific income or expense.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Remember to bring day care expenses with the provider’s EIN and amount paid (If applicable)
- If you are self-employed, list detailing income & expenses with the support documentation
- 2013 Tax return (optional)
- Blank check from your bank account (for the purpose of direct deposit of your refund)
- If you were a victim of identity theft in previous years, please be sure you have your PIN number with you; otherwise we cannot complete your return.
- Any other relevant information about income and expenses
For more information on sites and locations throughout Broward County call First Call for Help at 2-1-1 or go to the Hispanic Unity website and the VITA Calendar.
This program would not be possible without the support and leadership of our funders: Children’s Services Council of Broward County, Internal Revenue Service, and United Way of Broward County.
Thank you to our other program sponsors: Bank of America and Fifth Third Bank.
Share this email with family and friends!
Become a VITA Volunteer and learn how to prepare taxes for the community. We have more than 200 volunteers trained every year. (See link below)
Other Important LINKS
www.handsonbroward.org - Become a VITA Volunteer. This link allows you to register to become a volunteer, provides information on orientations and training classes.
www.facebook/BrowardVITACollaborative - Provides information on activities around the VITA program and other tips before and during tax season.
www.irs.gov – Excellent resource for questions regarding taxes and status of refunds during tax season.